Please remember that water restrictions still exist and that the City will enforce them with fines. We still see people hosing off their driveways/carports daily, with water trailing down the street. This is irresponsible and violates the restrictions.
Here are the current restrictions:
The following restrictions are in effect in the city of Grand Prairie:
- No watering on Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Even numbered addresses may water on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Odd numbered addresses may water on Tuesday and Fridays.
- Handheld and soaker hoses are allowed to be used any time.
The following restrictions also apply at all times:
- Residents and business are prohibited from watering their lawns anytime between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- When watering, a constant stream of water should not be allowed to flow into the street drainage.
- Watering during precipitation is prohibited. Rain sensors are required on newer watering systems.
The Drought Contingency Plan may, depending on need, also prohibit all or some of the following non-essential uses (water use that does not directly benefit or maintain health, personal cleanliness, or firefighting purposes):
- Irrigation of landscape areas, including parks, athletic fields, and golf courses, except otherwise provided under this Plan;
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle; except as otherwise provided under this plan.
- Use of water to wash down any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas;
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection;
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run in any gutter or street, except as part of water quality management to flush stagnant water or enhance disinfection residuals;
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools or Jacuzzi-type pools;
- Use of water in a fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes except where necessary to support aquatic life;
- Failure to repair a leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s) and;
- Use of water from hydrants for construction purposes or any other purposes other than fire fighting.
- Use of water from public drinking supply for gas well operations including fracturing and drilling
For more information, call 972-237-8377 or 972-237-8154.