Due to high consumer usage, higher than normal temperatures, and water main breaks (due to dry soils) the city is at risk of losing water pressure that could lead to a boil water notice. The City of Grand Prairie has enacted mandatory Stage 2 water restrictions to help manage the use of our water supply effective August 23, 2023 until our water system can recover from drought conditions.
Restrictions are as follows and can be found at gptx.org/waterwise:
- No watering on Tues., Wed., Thurs, Sat. and Sun. The gap in watering allows the city’s water storage tanks to recover.
Based on the last digit of your address:
- Even numbered addresses water on Mondays
- Odd numbered addresses water on Fridays
- On your watering day, avoid outdoor watering between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Foundations and new plantings may be watered using handheld and soaker hoses for up to two hours any day of the week.
Water violations may be reported in one of the following ways: