Thanks to the cooperation of our residents and businesses in adhering to water restrictions, along with cooler temperatures and rain in the forecast, the City of Grand Prairie has reduced water restrictions from Stage 2 to Stage 1.
The city’s water system is now operating under normal conditions with balanced flow rates, full water towers and average daily usage below 39,000 gallons a day.
As a reminder, Stage 1 water restrictions are as follows and can be found at gptx.org/waterwise:
- No landscape/water sprinkler use on Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday. The gap in watering allows the city’s water storage tanks to recover.
Based on the last digit of your address:
- Even numbered addresses may water using landscape/lawn sprinklers on Mondays and Thursdays
- Odd numbered addresses may water using landscape/lawn sprinklers on Tuesdays and Fridays
- On your watering day, avoid outdoor watering between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Handheld and soaker hoses may be used anytime.
Water violations may be reported in one of the following ways: